Before you meditate or engage in any spiritual practice, take 10 minutes to reflect on the profound significance of your practice.
- Why do I need to awaken for myself?
- Why do other people need me to awaken?
- Why does God/evolution/humanity (your choice) need me to awaken?
Allow yourself to feel deeply into the most authentic answer you can find. Then, invite that deeper answer to come forward as a clear and present intention to engage your spiritual practice from authentic presence. Engage and cultivate your practice from this deeper intention and sacred place. Notice how this exercise impacts the quality of your spiritual practice and the quality of your emotive responses.
When you encounter a challenging and emotionally charged situation in your life, before you respond, take a few minutes to ask yourself:
- What is the most enlightened or evolved response I could have in this situation?
- Why is it important for my own evolution for me to respond in the most enlightened, evolved way I can?
- Can I let this person off the hook?
- Why does God/evolution/humanity (your choice) need me to respond in the most enlightened, evolved way I can?
Allow yourself to feel into the larger significance of your response to this challenging moment.
Ground yourself in an intention to show up as an exemplar of humanity’s potential and allow your response to express itself from this deeper intention. Notice how your perspective on the situation and your ability to show up changes when you approach it in this way.