Action Steps toward Achieving Goals and Desired Outcomes
What worthwhile goal or desired outcome would l would like to reach?
Example: Doing Yoga daily and going to gym a minimum of 2 times per week and working out with weights and doing aerobic exercise
List any potential internal or external obstacles or challenges your might face in realizing your goal?
What actions will I take to overcome any potential internal /external obstacles or challenges?
If I reach this goal, what will it do for me? What will be different? What will be the results? How will I benefit?
• I will lose a minimum of 10-15 pounds along with the new food plan I have been practicing within two months
• I will feel more confident as I talk to potential customers and network for new business
• I will strengthen my will and gain self-confidence as I break old self-defeating behavior and attitudinal patterns
• I will reduce my stress, build my endurance, and gain greater flexibility
• My clothes will fit better and I will feel even better about my appearance
• My immune system and overall health will be strengthened
• My muscles will be toned and I will feel stronger.
If these are the benefits I want, then the real goal is:
To increase my sense of confidence, self-esteem and credibility with myself that I am able to experience the success of reaching a worthwhile goal that is life enhancing.
I can reach my goal by creating by creating a Personal Plan of Action using the SMART Method
- Setting up a time each on Monday at 8:00 am to review the family and work schedule with my wife
- On Sunday morning between 8am-10am I will plan my work, family and personal schedule for the upcoming week. This is the time when I will have no distractions.
Affirmations to support me
• I enjoy working out each day and increasing my vitality, strength and sense of well-being
• I thank God for the time he has apportioned to me today and I use it wisely and constructively
• I am eating a healthy and nutritious diet each day that make me feel energized and strong
Visualizations I can use to support me
• I can visualize a daily practice of doing Yoga, working out and doing QiGong
• I can visualize losing the extra weight in my stomach and how good I will feel without the extra weight